Best Laser Rangefinders For Hunting
On an unforgettable day when I delightfully headed for hunting in cold weather, not too long I made it to the woods. Shortly, I sighted a deer some distances away in the thicket. Took on steps and got a perfect position for a shooting target, I waited and brought forth my rifle and hunting rangefinder.In no time the deer luckily headed towards my direction, I started aiming at it but unfortunately, my so-called rangefinder lost effectiveness in the process and I had to guess the distance to the target. But, taking an amiss shot only made the deer dashed off. I ran to where it had just left and discovered the distance was only a little more than my prediction.
I got the point hunting with a poor quality rangefinder can be very frustrating and a much better model should be gotten instead to avoid missing tons of targets shortly.
To avoid this type of painful experience, rangefinder of better features which had it been I had earlier I would have recorded good catch-all along is the best fit to help out for anyone who plans hunting.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Laser Rangefinder
As you may know, among every optical device, a hunting rangefinder works for measuring the actual distance from an observer to a target. Accuracy, as well as aim, is the vital requirement a good hunter needs. Without these 2 pieces, it will be hard to record success in the hunting field. Therefore, look for a hunting rangefinder that can help to provide these for you. This is where you will be concerned more about what is the best laser rangefinders for hunting.
From a close look, a laser rangefinder that is designed specifically for hunting should be used only by rifle/bow hunters, especially when it’s the type that operates in second priority mode. Note that this type is not suitable for golfers because a rangefinder of such design mainly disregards the first object in its view and then ranges beyond it to reach a further distant object, whereas a golf course, in general, does provide unobstructed flag’s view that needs the first object to be targeted. Hence, golfers should go for laser rangefinders of priority mode.
Bear the following in mind when you want to buy a laser rangefinder:
- Consider the type of screen it should have but you should get a type that has a backlight LCD screen which allows for viewing in every light condition.
- The size & weight of every objects that you carry are vital while hunting, which is why you should find a compact rangefinder and also of lightweight.
- Also, due to the usual short period between the time of sighting a game animal and when it crashes off, you have to get an easy-to-operate rangefinder.
- Besides, being that laser rangefinders are designed in two modes, notably those of second prior mode are suitable for hunters due to obstructive hunting area, but some types having compacted first and second priority modes are much better for versatility.
- Also consider Horizontal Mode for mountainous terrain hunting, and Scan Mode for ranging multiple objects.
- Finally, note that atmospheric conditions do affect the ranging of the rangefinder to its specified maximum distance.
So, what is the best laser rangefinder for hunting?
Many models exist but those listed here are the best for your hunting experience.
Here are the selected best laser rangefinders for hunting
Select from the list If you have no time for full content
1. Overall Best: TecTecTec Prowild Hunting Rangefinder
This particular product has a range that differs from that of most common rangefinders yet, it is reliant because of its laser-guided targeting. Also, the tracking accuracy of the device lies within one yard. It also has Speed, Hunt, and Scan technology, likewise possessing a waterproof ability making it fit for surviving every rainy day that you’re out for hunting. When hunting you can likewise make use of the continuous tracking feature which also works within the same level of accuracy as mentioned. Be glad for all of these capabilities are what you can just get at a good purchase price even though, some other more popular companies sell such similar products at higher prices. From the study, I have discovered that this rangefinder is not just only great, but it is likewise the very best rangefinder perfect for every bow hunters. Though golfers can also use it it’s not perfect for them as it doesn’t have the special flagpole function meant to ease the approach of the greens in golf.
Note that, the Tec Tec Tec rangefinder comes with lots of add-ons including one extra battery, a cleaning kit, a lanyard, and a 1-year very vital warranty. Therefore, in a case where you have any issue with the rangefinder, inform the customer service team and prompt help will be provided for you.
- Great package of add-ons
- Possess laser-guided targeting
- 1-year warranty
- A good customer service team
- The battery is not rechargeable
- The black writing on the display is not easy to read at times
- It does not factor in your target’s incline/decline angle.
Features and Benefits
- This device has a ranging distance of 540 yards, 6x magnification and scan mode to ensure it makes an accurate targeting. This is beneficial to target game animals that are a little far off by increasing their sizes on view.
- Prowild rangefinder has an in-built speed meter that helps measure both speed and distance at the same time. This can resultantly provide you with insight into how fast a target is moving away from or towards you. And this additional feature can even make you feel this should be perfect for what is the best laser rangefinders for hunting that your mind must have been bothering about.
- The waterproof body allows for its safety and ultimate use on rainy days.
- It’s lightweight and compact body design helps for easy carriage and usage during hunting.
After sourcing the internet, I found some user reviews that seemed rather positive for this product. Here are the screenshots:
2. Vortex Rangefinder 1800
Among the best hunting rangefinders, vortex ranger 1800 laser rangefinder has been accolade for All-round best rangefinder in terms of its price & effectiveness as well as being budget-friendly. Products of vortex optics have been known for two qualities; first is that they are often usable by most hunters especially archers and rifle hunters, and the second is the lifetime warranty of the products which makes them be recommended easily. Be relaxed for even if the hunting rangefinder breaks you can return it while it will get replaced. This version compared to Leupold 1000i which falls in the same price point bears similar features.
Along with vortex rangefinder 1800 is an in-built angle compensation that’s designed to help out tree-stand hunters. It’s also designed with a waterproof body. It’s designed with range reflective yards of 10-1800 and can also range deer in 10-900 yards, bearing a CR2 lithium battery, a neck lanyard as well as a utility clip, while the vortex rangefinder case is a soft carry case.
- 500 yards shot accuracy
- Durable and rugged construction
- Fog and waterproof
- Visible even in low light conditions
- Can only make one-yard increment
- Its HCD mode displays no incline angle
Features and Benefits
- Comes with a lifetime warranty which gives you a relaxed mind on your money as you may return the devices if it breaks down anytime.
- Also has a waterproof body that happens to be a huge bonus to buyers and your hunting is safe on rainy days due to that feature.
- It has an in-built angle compensation that’s designed for every tree-stand hunters and this will provide clear viewing of the target.
- The Line of Sight (LOS) mode helps with displaying the actual line of every sight range for a hunter.
- It ranges deer out to 900 yards as well as makes the target up to 1800 yards which aid long-distance range hunting.
- Also has 6x magnification, 22mm objective lens, a lightweight of 7.7 ounces, and 17mm eye relief for the smooth hunting experience.
After sourcing the internet, here is another user review that has found to be encouraging about this product. Have provided the screenshot here:
3. Nikon 16224 Arrow ID 3000 Bowhunting Laser Rangefinder
Mostly the number featuring in the name of a particular rangefinder indicates how far the device ranges, but the Nikon products’ case is different. Its accuracy is still up to 550 yards. Its uniqueness includes giving a horizontal range that accounts for slopes and terrains, and LOS also. The included Arrow ID of this product for incline/decline possesses eye relief technology meant to ensure you don’t strain your eyes when hunting. Compared to other rangefinders, this Nikon rangefinder has its accuracy shinning at about 200 yards. It’s specifically for bowhunting and you should rather get different rangefinder for rifle hunting. At times it has issues with reading some objects but deer seems not to be one of them, also making it switch between LOS and angled distance can be tricky. Do come with a holder, lanyard, CR2 battery, and others.
- Arrow ID for eye relief
- Gives a horizontal range
- Features up to 200 yards pinpoint accuracy
- Switching between angles and LOS but not fluid
- Its CR2 battery is not easily accessible
Features and Benefits
- This device has a high-quality LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) panel display that aids an interesting view even in poor light conditions and supports nice hunting.
- Its 20mm eye relief has been designed to ensure that you have a comfortable viewing experience without straining your eyes as well as makes the ranging process lots easier.
- The arrow ID technology comes with bits of help to nullify the incline or decline to deliver a horizontal distance to your target, while you have your eyes relieved when viewing.
- The body design is quite compact making the size ideal for pocket-carrying.
4. SIMMONS 4x20 LRF 600
The quality of most of the optical products of the Simmons is quite synonymous. They have been producing many of the best rifle scopes designed for hunting and you would find them in the affordable price range. Their 4×20 LRF 600 rangefinder that’s an all-purpose rangefinder is of good quality.
The LCD (Display) of the Simmons rangefinder lets you have a good view of your targets at 10-600 yards. Simmons produces their optical lens with part of the highly advanced technology you would find in the market just like for lots of their rifle scopes. The Simmons rangefinder 4×20 LRF features a weatherproof body that makes it suitable for any long term hunting. Even though there are some of the higher technologically advanced properties that the Simmons lack compared to other rangefinders yet, their products are perfect for quality and budget-minded buyers. It comes with a carry case, one 9-volt battery, and a 1-year limited warranty.
- Durable bearing weather-resistant housing
- In-view LCD clean display
- Portable enough for the pocket carriage
- Square outline reticle with no other options
- A short time warranty only
Features and Benefits
- This device is designed to give a weight of just 6.4 oz which is quite okay to ensure you can have it handy at all times for your hunting.
- It is also waterproof and with this, you know that if you’re caught by rain unexpectedly during hunting, your device and hunting are safe.
- The in-view LCD (Display) helps to provide the exact distance to your target from 10 to 600 yards range, while it also has a 4x magnification.
- The compact design and weather-resistant housing is mainly to help you have a long term hunting expedition with many advantages.
5. Bushnell 202208 Bone Collector
Every Bushnell rangefinders have appreciable designs. For Bushnell 202208 Bone collector, it’s designed for hunters usage. It weighs only 10 ounces and is sturdily built. It’s interesting to know that it is pocket friendly while hunting. The camouflage design helps to maintain invisibility. The single button function makes its operation to be quite straightforward, and it’s just positioned below the index finger.
It comes with one 9-volt battery, but it’s a little difficult to swap and will require the use of a screwdriver to remove it each time. It also can switch between yards and meters.
The LCD (Display) of this Bushnell rangefinder is very comfortable for view in low light conditions. To save battery, the display automatically switches off after 30 secs of inactivity. It displays the unit of measurement, the targeting reticle, and battery life. It ranges from 10 to 600 yards in good conditions. It’s waterproof as well not fit for slope differences calculation.
- High-quality optics
- Automatic power-saving mode
- One-button operation
- Difficulty with swapping the battery
- Can’t calculate slope differences
- Needs to be switched off to toggle between the units
Features and Benefits
- It possesses an autofocus feature that allows you to focus on your targets without stress as the targeting becomes easy.
- The waterproof body and durable design ensure that your rangefinder can withstand every rainy condition.
- It’s lightweight and compact design makes it so easy to carry as it also comes with a carry case or you can just strip it into your pocket.
- It has a range of 1000 yards but its 600-yard mark has been reserved for just reflective surfaces alone. For trees, the range will drop to 400 yards and targets like deer will take 200 yards, ensuring you don’t miss a target as its LCD display gives clear readings in low lights.
I have got some other screenshots from the net after making some necessary researches on this product. These reviews from varying users are good enough to convince you.
6. HALO XL450-7 Rangefinder
One of the noticeable things about the HaloXL450-7 is that it’s a halo laser rangefinder that’s perfectly designed for bowhunting, so if you wish for rifle hunting you may want to go for another version. The raging accuracy is just in 1 yard or less. This version of Halo rangefinder uses an Angle Intelligence Technology to achieve a precise reading of your targets and comes with a CR2 battery, a scan mode for ranging multiple targets at once.
The kind of definition this product makes is not great, and when it comes to picking up smaller objects it does have issues. It will not even read your targets through brush or bushes, making it necessary for you to stay in a clear space or on a tree. Halo XL450-7 does not come with autofocus and this can be frustrating. The device gives a quite small readout, which is only fine in a vacuum.
- Very good for bowhunting
- Uses Angle Intelligence Technology
- Easy to operate
- Not good for rifle hunting but just bowhunting alone
- Lacks autofocus
- Can’t read through trees or bushes
Features and Benefits
- It’s designed to feature slip resistance, soft rubber grip, or guard, also has a lightweight which all makes it very handy and fit for pocket insertion according to the dimension of its shape.
- It has a waterproof designed body that prevents your device from soaking up on rainy days while you’re out for hunting.
- It has a Longer lasting CR2 lithium battery that will help you to hunt for a long period without the fear of the device turning off at an unwanted time.
- Useful LCD display with easy ultra-focus & compact economic body design having a fixed 6X magnification as well as a reading range of up to 450 yards for good targeting.
7. HALO XRT62-7 Rangefinder
I will say getting expected performance from rangefinder all for your money is very important nowadays as electronics are becoming costlier and prices are constantly changing. Another halo rangefinder you may want to get for your hunting is the halo xrt62-7 600 yard rangefinder. This is because it’s usable in all kinds of terrain as a result of its shooting range, driving range as well as calculating the range of every other object in a stable position.
The single button that this device uses helps to remove any kind of complications that comes with operating rangefinders. Every hunter would make this as one of the best rangefinder for long range shooting. Golfers can also make use of this rangefinder. It’s designed on a scope of 6x magnification which can make precise measurements of up to 600 yards in a +/- 1-yard range of accuracy. For the halo rangefinder warranty you may wish for, these devices come with one year warranty, and 1 CR2 battery. The LCD display is clear and uncluttered, while its body case is water-resistant also.
- Long battery life
- Compact in size
- Easy to operate with a single button
- Can fail under low light conditions
- Its manual zoom can sometimes fail accuracy of an elusive target
- Limited optics
Features and Benefits
- The water-resistant housing ensures you don’t get anxious when the weather turns bad as it will be able to survive rainy days.
- The 6x magnification helps gives enhancement to your view with a 20mm objective lens which is better and clear. The eye-lens is about 15.5 mm & has a fog proof coat also. The scan mode can help you to smoothly range a target for an accurate reading.
- The compact size and its lightweight make the Halo rangefinder comfortable to use & flexible to carry whenever you are out for hunting.
- The device still has an encouraging 600-yard range & accuracy of +/- 1 yard, which gives you the certainty that you need to choose the right line up to make an accurate shot.
- Note that the enlisted devices above and the additional ones below are enough to serve a good answer for the germane question “what is the best laser rangefinders for hunting”?
It seems so important to help with other back up for this product and here are the pictures of some reviews online. You can consider them as well as serving as tangible pieces of evidence.
In case you want to try out some nikon rangefinder for hunting or other kinds of hunting rangefinders besides the ones that have been enlisted above, here I have provided others with their combined features and benefits which you can look into.
Nikon’s Prostaff Laser Rangefinder is a high-end, precision instrument used by professional shooters and hunters. It features a large, bright display and advanced optics that make it an excellent choice for long-range shooting. Nikon Laser rangefinders are also great for small game hunting, as they give hunters an accurate reading of the distance between them and their target. The rangefinder is also compact and easy to use, making it perfect for hunting or shooting sporting events.
- The Prostaff 1000i provides a range of up to 1000 yards with a high-quality monocular.
- With Tru Target, you can continuously measure distances to both the first target and a distant target.
- The camera has a water resistant design with a multilayer coating applied to all lens and prism surfaces.
- This technology delivers the one number you need to account for incline or decline angles when shooting.
I really like this rangefinder. It’s very compact and it has a rechargeable battery. The case also has a magnet instead of noisy Velcro, which is a plus. It gives an immediate reading rather than a 1-2 second delay like other brands I have used. I would definitely recommend this range finder to others.
- TideWe offers a magnification of 6x and the ability to view distances vertically and horizontally. The device also has a scanning function that allows for continuous monitoring of all factors influencing your hunting.
- The rangefinder accurately ranges from 3 to 1000 yards with advanced technology. You can get fast measurements every time within +/- 1 yard and ensure accurate readings. The measuring speed is <0.5 seconds, which ensures accurate readings every time.
- TIDEWE Rangefinder is perfect for hunting or shooting at targets. It’s made from strong and durable materials, so it can withstand drops while hunting or hiking. The weight is only 0.35lb, which makes it compact and portable.
- With the help of an easy-to-use LCD display, you can get instant precision range data by pointing and pushing a button. You can also change modes by pressing the MODE button or adjusting your sight’s focus using the adjustable focus knob.
The Vortex Ranger 1000 comes with a fully multi-coated lens to allow for crisp, bright images even when in low light. It likewise features O-ring seals to prevent internal fogging, especially on cold mornings. It provides accurate ranging from 11-1000 yards, making it perfect for archery or rifle dealings. It also has a scan feature that offers continuous range readings when you’re tracking any moving target. Durable & lightweight, the Vortex Ranger 1000 has a protective rubber coating for resisting impact damage. Its textured covering does ensure you make a good grasp of your rangefinder, even when in wet weather or if you’re on camo gloves.
To buttress all have been discussing in this masterpiece, I will call your attention once again to the fact that all of the hunting rangefinders discussed here are design to substantially help you out to get your better hunting experience using the rangefinders. By now, you must have been able to discover what is the best laser rangefinders for hunting. Anyone one of the enlisted devices you choose to go for here will always help you get an accurate ranging of your target objects. Each time you go out for hunting and aided hunting with optics pieces of equipment are necessary to avoid frustrating hunting expedition.
Importantly, all the hunting rangefinders that have been reviewed as well as described here are the best fit for your hunting because many of them have got great LCD (Display) as well as some viewing modes like scan and horizontal modes that help give you good range measurement. These devices are also needed for the speed and distance measure features with easy toggling between different units during hunting. Many of them are waterproof and you won’t regret rainy days with them.
Above all, ensure you check out for yourself each of the products you may wish to order for through the given links below.